Friday, October 3, 2008

Updates!

This past 2 weeks since the last insane week has been much of a reprieve for me, suddenly before I realise it. I had a break of 2 weeks or so. which kinda gave me time to think and reflect on certain issues as well as giving me time to do some much needed errands which I am supposed to do.

Well..first thing off the lists that I had needed to redo.

Task 1

1) Rebuild the design of my website. www.chrisjaren.com. (It has been almost 2 years since i last updated it and now i figure the time is right to give it a fresh new look).

1.1) however before rebuilding my website, there were certain things i had to do first. hence task 1.1: recreate the logo. After much pondering, I decided that it was time for a more corporate look on the logo front. so after keeping that logo which I have used since my poly days, i tweaked it out. It looks better now and this will be the new face and front of Chris Jaren design.. the new logo itself will spread over into the name cards and other stuff which requires the Chris Jaren Brand.

1.2) also before the website is up, I have to figure out the basic layout and concept of the webpage. reflecting back on the past website, I figure a new color scheme would be good. You'll get a preview when the site is up and running again.

1.3) Looking pretty much at the past content of the site. I think its time to freshen it up abit. The renderings there were ok last time, but I think now as time passes, rendering methods should be better. So before the site is up, I have to take the time to re- render all the items in the contents.

By the way, incase you don't know what rendering = having a 3D model on the computer which then you have to add texture, lights, colors and shadows. for example




Here we have very simple 3D model of some cups.


Upon test rendering, it will look like this. ( plain and simple)



This is what happens when we add light into the scene



After much tweaking, light + color + shadows and so on.



We arrive at this stage where we add reflection and refractions.

So basically as you can see, this is the rough idea of what rendering is all about. Based on the number of content I have for the new site. this is going to take awhile.

so hence those are considered task no.1

Task 2

2) Do some self reflection on my own personal goals and what I really want to achieve with my life. Many a time, I have set myself a goal and a direction to where I want to be but sometimes in the midst of everything, one tends to lose his focus.

so its time to gain back their focus. I will be making a list of my own goals and maybe...I might put it up as some of these goals are personal. But maybe I will include a post of how to do goal setting for people who have no idea how to do it.


Task 3

3) Catch up on my reading and audio. I usually read about 25 mins a day and listen to motivating audio cds when I am travelling. all this stuff really helps infulence a positive mindset. Probably that's why I'm usually so cheerful all the time. :)

Task 4

4) Catch up with people. Its been awhile since I have not met some of my friends for awhile. Its time to do some catching up.

Well, so far that's about it. actually there's more but I don't want to bore everyone on such a long post. Till next time!

Be positive!


No comments: