Monday, September 1, 2008

Choices

In life, we have to make certain choices. The decisions we make today, will affect our lives in a much different way than we could have ever imagined.

Did anybody ever tell you that the reason you are where you are today because of the decisions you have made 5 years ago? Didn't seem to believe it but after much reflection in my quiet time. I realised that it is rather true.

Back then, my decision to work for myself and own not just one but several business was attributed to this person. Adam Khoo. He has a very average background but he ended up being singapore's youngest millionaire at the age of 27. How? some may say. He's lucky, he has good connections...etc.

My understanding is: CHOICE. He choose to break away from his average life, make the best of himself, associate with like minded others and had the guts to take his own dreams into his hands and just do it!

Because of him and his talk which he gave during my school days. I had decided long ago that

1) I will work for myself.
2) I must own several businesses.
3) I will adopt the multiple streams of income approach.

Another person I must say that did contribute to my decision making was my secondary school teacher. Ms Priscilla Song.(sorry I don't think I have any pics of her) Upon graduation from secondary school. I had enrolled in the Industrial design course at Nanyang Polytechnic. When I went back to my secondary school for a visit. I met her and told her where I was and all.

She said this sentence to me that I still hold dear to my heart up to this day. " I knew it, I realised that when I was teaching you. You were special." This sentence really made a big impact on my life and had always reminded me that "I must not follow the average crowd". To follow the average crowd. You will get an average life, which is not what I wanted for myself and for my family.

So there it is! "Choice!" Make your choice and stand by it. Never regret it because you will never know where it will take you someday!

Cheers!

No comments: